Friday, 18 December 2009

Production Log

Key roles within the music video was mainly editing and some filming. My role in editing was to make sure that the music linked to the images and jumped to the beat and pace of the music which was very important. I was also in-charge of making the video as creative as possible so that it would be appealing to our audience and show advanced skill. I made very quick cuts to shorten the long length o the clips and also show that time is passing which is significant showing the consequences of the paths he takes.
I wanted to add some text with-in the video so that it would brighten up the performance base and show the significant key lyrics with in the shots. I also made sure of some of of the effects such as line art and the changing colored background linking back to the digipak and poster. I was also filming the narrative sequence and performance, and showed a good level of accuracy and attention to detail. The narrative was mainly shot by me where i used some interesting shots such as POV shots, low angles, close-ups and restricted shots to hide some of the mise en scene.
With the cinematography we had to use some of these shots to make the music video look more advanced and professional. We also acted on audience feedback as they fought the rough edit and felt it was not interesting. i suggested and added as much intriguing shots as possible to make it more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment